Monday, January 23, 2012

Shabby little antique folding table

I found this little table in my grandparents attic.  It's really old and was originally a little fold-out sewing table.  It is in almost perfect condition for its age (80-100 years old), but it was pretty boring as just a brown table.  So I tried something I have never tried before- I painted it a light periwinkle and then did some heavy distressing to the top to make it look really weathered.  Then I did some stenciling and faded them to look worn as well.  It came out even better than I anticipated.  I will definitely use this technique again!  All  I did was paint it, and then when it was not quite dry I ran the paintbrush over it and let it take some paint off in spots.  Then I used a green paint and did very light lines here and there to conjure the thoughts of moss on wood that was left outside for a while.  It is so charming, don't you think?  Selling this one for $25.  This is the perfect thing for the holidays or any time when you have company over and need more room for people to sit and eat.  It could also work for a kids (or adults) craft table, though I don't think it would survive toddlers or preschoolers.  It's sturdy, but couldn't be climbed on. ;)





Here was the table before:

1 comment: