Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gorgeous ladder back chair

This chair is one of the four chairs which I am painting in a green/white color scheme to be our dining set.  I wanted the chairs to mis-match but complement eachother with paint.  I love the way this ladder back chair turned out so much that I have to give it its own post.  It's an old chair, but I don't know how old, my guess is early 1900's-1930's, somewhere in there.  Here are the pics:

The chair before:
                            
                                           I decided to leave the woven seat natural, so I painted the wood
           white, did some green leaf stencils, and then distressed.  It looks so amazingly shabby-romantic now.



This last picture is of the three finished mis-matched chairs.  The one on the left is a 100 year old chair from my grandparents attic.  I have one left to paint, which is the other press-back like the one on the right.  Then my task will be finding a table....

2 comments: