Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dining Chair Make-overs complete! (Table to follow..)

I have really got to get a decent camera.  Right now I have a choice between my Blackberry, which takes hideous indoor pictures, or my photographer husband's high tech camera which I don't know how to operate properly.  Anyway, I took some photos of my finished chairs and I hope they can be seen clearly.  Finally all four chairs are done!  Now I have to get more paint and sand paper before I can do the table.  I have to admit, doing four of the same project in a row got pretty tedious, but I love them now that they are done.  I am going to get some cute chair cushions for them, probably in a red or gold French toile pattern.  We live in a student housing apartment right now while my husband Ben is in grad school for directing/cinematography, so I seriously have a living room, a "dining area" and an "office area" almost in the same one room.  I am running out of room for all of my projects, though I have a storage space in my mom's garage.  That is why I had a hard time not getting my other furnishings in the table picture.  ;) OK, back on subject here...this is one more look at the chair before:
And here they are painted "carbon copy", a faded purplish black, with distressing to define the lines and gold stenciling.

 Up close of distressed corner before I stenciled:
  



No comments:

Post a Comment