Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Turquoise Antique Table

Hello!  I am actually kind of backed up...I have some projects that I am working on, some that are finished and haven't made it into the blog yet, and others that are waiting in the wings to get made over.  I had already done this little Victorian lamp table a few weeks ago...you might recall it had a funky multi-colored, heavily distressed finish.  Well, I started thinking about it and decided that I didn't really like it the way it was.  And I just had this feeling that it would look really good in a bright teal color.  I distressed it just a little, and topped it with a clear coat.  It looks so good that I want to keep it, but alas, I do not have room for it.  I'll be selling it for $25.  I should note that I also sawed the legs down shorter, closer to coffee table height, and took off the cross beams.  It looks a lot better and I think is more versatile now.



Here's how it looked before the distressing.  It was pretty bright (actually it still is.)


And here it is before I changed it, so you can compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment