Thursday, February 16, 2012

A couple of small shabby makeovers

Here are two little pieces that I just finished.  One is a vintage night stand, selling for $25.  The other is a vintage 1940's end table, possibly being sold but actually it is being used by me at the moment.  Here are the photos:

This night stand was white when I got it, so I decided to make it a little more funky.  It is pretty old and had three layers of paint under the white, including blue and yellow.  Distressed lightly, topped with clear poly.




This end table was from my grandparents wedding furniture from the 40's.  It was painted this antiqued red by my mom in the 70's.   I mixed my own grey color using sage green, brown, and white and then distressed so the red showed through, and added a clear poly coat.




I loved this grey color so much that I decided our captains chair needed to be grey.  ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment