Friday, March 30, 2012

Chippy Black Kitchen Table


I finally got our table painted!!  This table is only several months old, and is from the Target website....everything I can't STAND in a piece of furniture.  But it was the right style and is very sturdy, so I felt that given a romunky makeover (I made up a new word- it's romantic+funky,) this table could actually look cute.  So I sanded the plasticky finish down and painted it black, then distressed it to look like the paint was peeling.  I used sandpaper, but also one of those hand held cheese graters.  It worked great!  Then I put a coat of clear satin poly on it and it was done.  This was actually easy- it only took about 2-3 hours.  Here are the pictures!

Before- Blonde (cringe) wood with a shiny plasticky (cringe again) finish:

AFTER!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment