Monday, December 19, 2011

Shabby little table


I have been eyeballing this little end table in a church thrift shop for months.  I thought it would make the cutest coffee table if I were to make it over.  Well I finally nabbed it for a whopping 5 bucks, and today I made it shabby, distressed, and awesome.  It started out a stained brown.  Here it is as I found it below.  I had already sanded the top when I took these.





I love how this table reminds me of an old farmhouse table, especially after I painted it.  I painted it a very light blue and then used some crackle putty to stencil some leaf patterns onto the top, then painted over them so that I could also distress them.  they came out looking raised and after I sanded over them the greenish yellow color showed through.  Now it's our coffee table!

No comments:

Post a Comment